Do you want to manage participatory spaces?
The sessions or meetings component allows you to organise sessions of any type, like a public or private meeting, a work or co-creation session, a seminar or conference session, as long as it has a concrete date and time.
As admin you can configure whether participants are allowed to create sessions, or only admins can do so; you can enable a collaborative writing pad, integrating the Etherpad service; allow comments to be made or not and so on.
A sample session like the participants may see it:
Key aspects that admins can define for each session:
- you can define the agenda, add timings to each agenda item, if you like. After the meeting you can close the agenda and publish the minutes.
- make it a public session open to all or private session, confined to private users only
- add files and organise them into folders so they become part of the session
- require people to register or not for the session (with the RSVP button)
- create a registration form, with various question types (you could create a survey if you’d like to :-))
- invitations: add people’s emails so they get an email invitation to join the session and the group (if they’re not already part of it)
- during the session you can use the collaborative pad to create shared notes
- sessions can be held at a physical location, shown on the map, or online
Admins may see a list of sessions in the backend like this: